The following features are planned for the future in no particular order. Plans are very subject to change.
- More Elementals - I'm going to add some new elementals such as Air or Lava Elementals, these will have their own names decided later or as planned here.
- Adaption - Existing new future elementals will react to certain elements in the environment and will change into other elementals. For example, a Geonach pushed into lava will begin to transform in a Lava Elemental.
- Fusion - Some elementals will be drawn to each other and will combine into a different elemental that will also be charged with additional levels and a greater size. For example a Cinder and Geonach will merge to become a Lava Elemental but double in size and with a high level making it tough to fight.
- Element System - I might look into element-based weakness and resistance (I don't want to overcomplicate this for combat at all however) but will also emphasise the elements more for other mechanics tiying elements to potion effects, the new equipment system and certain mobs.
- Base Elements - Non-fusion core elements and will include: Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Order and Chaos.
- Para Elements - Fusion elements made of two base elements: Acid, Lava, Electric, Light, Shadow, Arbour, Frost, Spirit, Poison, Phase, Crystal, Quake, Aether, Nether, Void.
- Non Elementals - Other creatures will have their own unique response to the elements based on their group. Lobbers for instance are all Fire, Earth and Lava but are not elementals themselves, merely creatures that thrive in these elements. A Ventoraptor for instance revolves around Wind and Earth but not Phase (the fusion of the two) as it isn't ghostly.
- Planned Names - Order Aegis, Chaos Argus, Air Djinn, Acid Xaphan, Lava Volcan, Light Wisp, Spirit Nymph, Poison Eechetik, Phase Banshee, Crystal Vapula, Aether Slyph
- Existing Elementals - Fire Cinder, Water Jengu, Earth Geonach, Electric Zephyr, Shadow Grue, Arbour Spriggan, Frost Reiver, Quake Tremor, Nether Wraith, Void Spectre
- Collect Body Parts - New unique drops will be added to each mob such as a Geken Claw, Warg Fang, etc. They can be used to create new weapons and armor or immediately crafted into a useful vanilla items too in order to prevent inventory clutter.
- The Lycanite Forge - A new weapon/tool/armor forge block will be added which will start with two slots, on the left an empty part slot and on the right an empty equipment slot. New equipment can be started by adding a starting part such as a Rod Part into the part slot on the left. Existing equipment can be edited by placing the complete piece into the right slot and newly crafted equipment will show up in the right slot as they are being built.
- Equipment Parts - Body parts will have several uses added to them, at first I will add weapon parts which can be assembled together to create weapons. Each part will add stats and effects to the weapon such as a Warg Fang adding a chance to paralyse the target hit by the weapon.
- Rod Parts - Usually some kind of bone or spine, etc. These parts are the main piece of the weapon and depending on the part used, will unlock new part slots in the forge once placed. Some will only unlock a Head Slot at the top but some may have all kinds of extra slots added to them.
- Head Parts - Usually some kind of skull or shell, etc. These parts normally go on top of a Rod Part and will unlock new slots depending on the part. The most common slots unlocked will be Blade Slots, Axe Slots, Pike Slots and Jewel Slots.
- Blade Parts - These are used to create Swords and Maces, usually a head part will have one Blade slot but I will experiment with hybrids later for weapons such as sword-axes. Swords will work like vanilla swords, simple fast single target melee damage. Maces will act like faster Swords for people who miss the spam clicking of old.
- Axe Parts - These are used to create Battle Axes and War Hammers, usually a head part will have one or two of these slots. Battle Axes will be slightly slower than Swords but will have a cleave ability hitting all targets in front of the user making them great for players who like to charge head first into hordes. War Hammers will be incredibly slow but very powerful and will hit all targets around the user, in front or behind.
- Pike Parts - These are used to create Pikes, usually a head part will have one Pike slot. Pikes are slower than swords but more damaging and ignore half of the targets armor and have increased melee range.
- Jewel Parts - These are used to create new Scepters, usually a head part will have one Jewel slot. Scepters will fire a projectile at a either a rapid rate or with a slow charge up for a powerful blast relative to the part used.
- Tools - Each weapon type will also work as a tool for harvesting with Diamond Efficiency. Swords as Swords, Maces as Shovels, Battle Axes as Axes, War Hammers as Pickaxes and Pikes as Shears and Hoes. Each part will have different area of effects such as a Hammer that mines a 3x3 area or an Axe that chops a 10 vertical line, there will be all kinds of variation for custom tools.
- 3D Models - Each part will use a 3D model similar to the mobs in Lycanites Mobs and will assemble together to form a unique weapon which may look awesome, or awful, that is down to you! I may look at making parts dyeable as well as other customisations further down the line too!
- Shield Parts - I may look into adding Shield Parts which can be used instead of Rod Parts to create shields, these will have extra slots also.
- Armor - Once the new weapon system is complete, I will move on to Armor Forging with a similar custom system.
- Desert Vastiramu - A collosal rock scorpion-like beast. This boss will be all about the Hunger and Weakness debuffs, to stand a chance the player will need to bring a lot of food! Also Weakness will be used a lot making it hard to damage this boss if the player is too weak.
- Freshwater Gorgon - A large amphibious water boss that will also fight on land. The Gorgon will heavily use Paralysis, players will need to focus on hiding behind things a lot or face a 'stunning defeat'! The Penetration debuff will be used a lot too, get caught out too much and even the slightest fall will be enough to kill a full diamond player with full health!
- Saltwater Kraken - A giant squid-like monstrosity! It will feature multiple tentacles that can be killed seperately, new ones grow constantly. Each tentacle the Kraken has boosts its defence to a point where having all tentacles makes it immune to all damage, players must kill off some of its tentacles to be able to apply decent damage. The tentacles will also pick up and throw players randomly.
- Plains Arvasaur - A large theropod similar to the likes of a Yutyrannus, etc, it wont be a specific dinosaur but will look like a modern interpritation of what one could have evolved into. Like the Ventoraptor it will have bird-like properties. This boss will be all about speed and will perform deadly charge attacks where the player must run!
- Mountain Golem - A giant rock based creature. Very destructive throwing and rolling large boulders as well as spawning a lot of angry Geonachs. This boss will require a good pickaxe to beat and will be all about shaping the terrain building defensive walls of stone and dirt, creating craters, etc.
- Shadow Liche - A giant skeletal monstrosity inspired by Red from the popular Godzilla CreepyPasta! This boss will use a chase mechanic where it will periodically open its mouth wide and being to suck everything in with an instant kill ability, it will also summon Grues which will grow over time and then get eaten to recover health as well as summon Shades which will use their roar ability to fear the player and on the last phase lots of Darklings.
- Swamp Myconid - A giant mushroom creature, inspired by the first boss fight in Wonder Boy In Monster World for Sega Master System (and Genesis)! This boss will create a lot of toxic spores that the player must keep destorying before they are overwhelmed, it will also spawn Triffids.
- More Weapons and Special Armor from Mob Drops - There are a lot of Scepters and I've added a couple of swords that work with minions, I have more plans for this too! I also plan on adding minion-based armor with awesome abilities too as well as 1.9+ Shields.
- Trophies - Each boss mob will have a special trophy, but also there should be some kind of reward system for hunting/breeding/taming so many of each mob of each subspecies too!
- Area Events - Random events that operate seperately to World Events. These events wont last for a time duration and then end, instead they will generate a structure or portal in an area where mobs will keep spawning, players will have to destroy these to stop them.
- Wyverns (Common, Small, Winged Arms, Bipedal) - Common small dragons with winged arms unlike other dragons that have wings coming from their pack as limbs entirely different to arms. Ventoraptors and Uvaraptors are very similar to wyverns however they are birds with no reptilian-like properties that dragons have.
- Knucklers (Common, Small, Winged, Bi/Quadrupedal) - These dragons have serpent-like bodies, some are bipedal and some are quadrupedal, they are similar to Drakes but differ in body shape. A lot of Knucklers are amphibious.
- Amphitheres (Common, Small, Winged, Armless, Legless) - Serpent-like dragons with no arms or legs but two large wings. These draogns are constantly in flight except when resting or sleeping. They are also cpable of slithering around the ground like snakes if necesary. Remobra are Amphitheres and thus they will be moved recategorized as dragons in the future and a new flying swamp mob will take their standard swamp creature position.
- Lindwurms (Common, Small, Winged, Armless, Bipedal, Multiple Heads) - These dragons have two large feet and wings but no arms, they have very long tails. A lot of Lindwurms have multiple heads with a famous one being the Hydra.
- Tatzelwurms (Common, Small, Wingless, Legless) - Small serpent-like dragons with no wings but large heads and arms, they are known to use their snake-like bodies very effectively.
- Drakes (Rare, Large, Winged, Bi/Quadrupedal) - Large, rare dragons with two wings, two legs and two arms/legs. Some Drakes are bipedal and will stand upright, some are quarupedal and some change stances.
- Lungs (Rare, Large, Wingless, Quadrupedal) - Large dragons with no wings and long bodies. Some Lungs are gigantic in size and others are able to float through the air.
- Arctic Loppin - A giant rabbit-like beast that inhabits cold areas. Jumps rapidly with icy stomps that cause slowness.
Astral Creatures will be generally themed around Order, Light and purity and will be mostly neutral or even helpful to the player (unless angered), though I'm not sure how they would spawn yet, perhaps at great heights. Some of these creatures might even be friendly and protective of other freindly or neutral creatures, for I am going to avoid making sentient creatures however so they will still have to be primitive, animalistic or energy based.
- Pegasus - A horse-like creature with large wings! Non-hostile, will flee when attacked unless below full health. Would make a great flying mount.
- Pixie - Glowing wasp-like hostile creatures.
Creatures from space, alternate realities and the void! I might add void wells that spawn deep underground and expose the void where some of these creatures could spawn. The End will be heavily infested also and perhaps the void in the Nether also.
- Screachers - Dangerous creatures that attack with sonic booms.
- Gel - Strange slimes often found near rivers, they will attatch themselves to their target like the Darklings causing all kinds of mayhem.
- Mimic - Will disguise themselves as various objects from chests to workbenches until their prey draws close from which point they'll transform and devour! Will also possess anything they can disguise into instead too.
- Doppelganger - Strange creatures that will copy the form as a random player, once they get close, they will transform into their true hideous form and attack!
Mob of The Day!
Large frosty mammals that like to eat the frozen vegetation of the arctic. They can be farmed using vegetables, but watch out for their frost clouds. Yeti milk is a delicacy!
Normal, Russet, Violet
Can be lured and bred using any vegetable. Can be milked using a bucket.
Raw Yeti Meat (Cooked if burning), Snowballs, Packed Ice, Frosty Fur